Durso vs Herbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter TDan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That not bad looking at all. Can you show me the Herbie you have set up? And I see you have the drain on the left side of your tank. I have 2 of those one on each side. Do I do a herbie in each one?
 
Few more things to note:
1) The valve should be a gate valve, not the ball valve that I installed. It will not allow for easy FINE adjustments - total mistake on my part and I've already purchased a gate to replace it. Hope I find a way to make it fit!
1a) The drain is no less than 6" below the surface of the safety pipe.
2) The vid doesnt show the drain pipe's strainer well ( http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/bulkhead-overflow-strainers.html ) - which is critical to keep snails from ruining your day and theirs.
3) The ticking is not a bomb. It's the carbondoser regulator to my calc reactor.
here you go:

Honestly, I would do bean animal if I had the holes pre-drilled. As for 2 herbs - I wouldnt do it. Then you would have double the adjusting. If you stick with Herbie, you could have 2 or 3 safety drains or you could plug the extra holes up. But I'll defer to others' for opinion on that one.
 
So this is my tank. As you can see there are 2 weirs. Each side has 2 holes in the bottom. How would any of you folks do your return and overflow?

1446419282706.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new