Dusky jawfish what to feed?

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I recently bought a dusky jawfish around two weeks ago, all he seems to eat is flakes, he’s in a 65 gallon and has seen to be settled in as he’s got a cave made, I’ve tried feeding him the following, brine shrimp, mysis, cocktail shrimp “only while feeding my snowflake eel”, pellets , and my algae flakes which he seems to like he seems to be intrigued by other foods but is kinda slow but I always try to get it as close as possible. If anyone has anything they could say that could help me solve this that would be awesome thanks, also I’m just wondering if he he’s some of the zooplankton while he makes his caves or he sifts the sand?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the eel are there other fish in the tank? I have experienced fish that wouldn’t eat anything but one item (usually either flakes or pellets), until a few days of watching other fish eat more varied items, such as frozen.

OP
OP
Jacksfish2020

Jacksfish2020

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides the eel are there other fish in the tank? I have experienced fish that wouldn’t eat anything but one item (usually either flakes or pellets), until a few days of watching other fish eat more varied items, such as frozen.
Like I said he’s kinda interested but not really so I’m thinking he’s gotta be syphining sand like my diamond goby? Or just eating something else as it passes by like the foods I’ve stated but I’m just not catching it with my eyes?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back