Dying gorgonian coral?

Omakoshark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
157
Reaction score
40
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
 
I recently ordered this really nice piece of gorg, but after looking at it in the tank for a few day, I started noticing a few spots that look sick. Almost like the flesh is slowly coming apart. What do y’all think???
 
Corals sometimes take a couple of days to acclimate. Hard to tell from the photo. Do you have any other gorgonians in your tank? Any polyp extention?
 
No other gorgs. The polyps are just starting to come out. It looks to be a slow process. I’ll try and get a better pic.
 
No other gorgs. The polyps are just starting to come out. It looks to be a slow process. I’ll try and get a better pic.

I would give it a couple of weeks. If you're starting to have polyp extension, then it's healthy. We got a gorgonian that had some flesh missing and it healed up nicely and we have great polyp extension and it's been about 2 months since we put it in the tank.
 
Ok great . I’ll keep an eye on the sick looking parts. If they seem to get worse then I’ll start a new thread about it.
 
Haven’t tested in a bit. But all my other corals look amazing so I’m not too concerned about that.
 
I’m pretty sure nitrates are up a little but I heard gorgs like that.
 
They like good flow, salinity range of 1.025 and Hopefully it was not exposed to air and it shuld remain underwater when bagged and unpacked.
 
It did expose it to air win putting it in the tank, but that was after talking to multiple people about this species and if that would be a problem. The said Yellow Sea whips would be fine if exposed to air.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new