Dying sea hair

fc81ffdb-5d11-470d-bce4-d18dc584ca34.jpg
 
It looks like its dying to me but my experience is limited. If its a small tank I would pull it to be safe. They've been known to turn inside out and release toxins.
When mine died it was a 150g tank and I didn't have any side effects but I've read they can devastate a smaller tank when they die.
 
They release toxins when they die. Its very obvious when they die because they do that and kinda appear to turn purple. I would remove. So sad when these guys die, they really only last a year or so 🙁
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new