4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@4FordFamily
@melypr1985

What's best practice for ridding my tank of flukes, prazipro? Should I preemptively dose if all other fish look healthy?
Yes if one fish had it they all had it. I would say all fish should be treated with prazi as a preventative measure.

Follow the dosing instructions on the bottle, but dose again after 4-5 days to kill the eggs as well.

Jose H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes if one fish had it they all had it. I would say all fish should be treated with prazi as a preventative measure.

Follow the dosing instructions on the bottle, but dose again after 4-5 days to kill the eggs as well.
Does prazipro affect inverts and corals?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really not sure

if it were flukes. How long would you think the parasite would servive in the fish out of water. I just lost the Naso this morning. But I should've done what kkoranda did and still have done the FW dip even after the fish died

It would need to be a fairly fresh body. You can still dip any of the fish that are left in the display to find out.

@4FordFamily
@melypr1985

What's best practice for ridding my tank of flukes, prazipro? Should I preemptively dose if all other fish look healthy?

Prazipro would be the best bet. Check out the link that Humblefish posted. It has all the info you need in it. And yes, I would dose it anyway.

No it doesn't. Just fish.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never has for me nor those I know that have used it. Turn off your skimmer and remove carbon

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I totally read this wrong the other day! I was reading prazipro and thinking flukes. Yes, prazi can effect them but it's rare in my experience for it do to more than just irritate corals for a few days. It's possible for it to kill feather dusters though, so keep an eye on them if you have them.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back