Dying Tang

@4FordFamily
@melypr1985

What's best practice for ridding my tank of flukes, prazipro? Should I preemptively dose if all other fish look healthy?
Yes if one fish had it they all had it. I would say all fish should be treated with prazi as a preventative measure.

Follow the dosing instructions on the bottle, but dose again after 4-5 days to kill the eggs as well.
 
Yes if one fish had it they all had it. I would say all fish should be treated with prazi as a preventative measure.

Follow the dosing instructions on the bottle, but dose again after 4-5 days to kill the eggs as well.
Does prazipro affect inverts and corals?
 
I'm really not sure

if it were flukes. How long would you think the parasite would servive in the fish out of water. I just lost the Naso this morning. But I should've done what kkoranda did and still have done the FW dip even after the fish died

It would need to be a fairly fresh body. You can still dip any of the fish that are left in the display to find out.

@4FordFamily
@melypr1985

What's best practice for ridding my tank of flukes, prazipro? Should I preemptively dose if all other fish look healthy?

Prazipro would be the best bet. Check out the link that Humblefish posted. It has all the info you need in it. And yes, I would dose it anyway.

Does prazipro affect inverts and corals?

No it doesn't. Just fish.
 
Does prazipro affect inverts and corals?
Never has for me nor those I know that have used it. Turn off your skimmer and remove carbon
 
Does prazipro affect inverts and corals?

I totally read this wrong the other day! I was reading prazipro and thinking flukes. Yes, prazi can effect them but it's rare in my experience for it do to more than just irritate corals for a few days. It's possible for it to kill feather dusters though, so keep an eye on them if you have them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new