Dying teals birdsnest help

thecommentr86

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
131
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a teak birdsnest that is dying and it was doing amazing / growing and I have 0 idea why. All other corals are healthy and wide open apart from the birdsnest which grew very quickly then started to blewch from the base any advice is appreciated

IMG_5712.jpeg
 
Hello I have a teak birdsnest that is dying and it was doing amazing / growing and I have 0 idea why. All other corals are healthy and wide open apart from the birdsnest which grew very quickly then started to blewch from the base any advice is appreciated

IMG_5712.jpeg
What are your water parameters? ?Do you have other birdsnest corals? If so, are they doing alright?

My first guess is a lack of flow. What wavemakers are you using? What type of lighting are you using?

A full tank picture will help.
 
IME, birdsnest are very sensitive to nutrient swings, especially if one swings closer to 0.

Looks like you have some type of LPS next to it, could that be stinging it? I'd just frag off the healthy parts and remount them, if your params are good it will recover.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new