Easiest way to catch a fish

joro

That Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest ..... Drain the tank down and pick it up off the sand LOL. Maybe not the best way. I've had the most luck with waiting until they're sleeping at night, blast them with a flashlight and net them while confused.

Unfortunately in my 400G tank this has proven on multiple occasions to be the "easiest" way, especially with a lot of rock work. The bigger fish I usually can net with no issues, it's the small to medium sized ones who hit the rocks the first sign of a net in the tank.

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to add some more fish to the DT and I have 2 yellows and a kole tang that will need to be temp removed so the new fish can settle in. Thanks for these tips!

Wouldn't using an acclimation box for new additions be easier than trying to catch those fish....certainly less stressful (for you and the fish! lol). I'm trying to figure out the best way to catch my Valentini Puffer without totally stressing him out...

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahaha that's great idea :p
I got similar idea but I use the cut plastic soda bottle, it's work wonderful for small aggressive fish eater (damsel, wrasses, Diamond goby, shrimps) but seem not working for shy, skittish fishes.

The shyness and skittishness fades away after a couple days of, "this is all you get to eat", I've had many fish I don't want to trap in and out of the box days before trapping the one I want. Just gotta place the box according to where the fish spends most of his time, (bottom or free swimming), and be patient. The 1st couple of days after I place the box, I don't sit there and wait, I let them get comfortable with it. The key is in the live brine shrimp container's slow release, they get desperate![emoji4]

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back