East coast power outage

BigRed78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Just wanted to see how everyone is making out with the storms and curious what everyone’s doing to manage their tank with the current power outadge. Seems like the powers gonna be out for a few days. Currently I’m running two battery powered air stones. I have a generator I can run if stuff goes sower by the tank seems to be ok for now. Temp did drop from 78 to 72 since noon ish yesterday. I’m gonna open the window while I’m at work to try and heat it up some. I’m wondering how everyone else is doing and what their plan is. I hope everyone is doing well and good luck to everyone!

Thereefdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I lost power on Tuesday and it still hasn’t come back. The first two days I ran a battery powered air bubbler. Finally was able to get a generator and now I’m running the return pump and the battery powered air bubbler. Everything seems fine so far the water is just starting to smell. How’s your tank doing?

OP
OP
BigRed78

BigRed78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delayed response I just used the air bublers. Only turned the generator on once because I couldn’t get my tank above 70. Ran a powerhead the return pump and a heater for about 12 hours. No casualties! Only thing is my monticap and my birds of paradise has some tissue loss. I’m in the process of growing them back now. Power kicked off Tuesday around noon and turned back on Friday night. How did you make out?

Han

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got power back a couple hours ago. I used a generator and thankfully everything turned out ok. Pretty crazy that it took a week to get power back though, I feel bad for those who have to wait even longer.

OP
OP
BigRed78

BigRed78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to here it! I guess my house is on one of the last grids to get restored we loose power for a week about once a year.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back