EB832 shuts down when I plug into the aquabus

Waballs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I'm finally getting a hang of the Neptune and decided to add another controller to it so I bought an ATK. I plugged in the aquabus cable to it and it shut my entire system down (the return pump and skimmer continued to run). What would cause this? Is the aquabus port bad? Thanks!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Waballs

Waballs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your equipment new or used? Check each AquaBus port and both ends of the AquaBus cable for any corrosion. Try a different AquaBus port and/or cable if you have one available.

If you’re new to the ATK, be sure to read my ATK tutorial to ensure you understand its operation and programming: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptu...torials-part-3-automatic-top-off-kit-atk.692/

Both I purchased used. I never thought to look for corrosion. Attached you will see it appears the outlets are corroded. Can this be fixed or am I screwed?

IMG_6421.jpg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both I purchased used. I never thought to look for corrosion. Attached you will see it appears the outlets are corroded. Can this be fixed or am I screwed?

IMG_6421.jpg

Yikes, I wouldn't trust using equipment in that condition. I'm not qualified to answer if there's anything you can do to clean it up since I don't have any experience with electronics repair.

OP
OP
Waballs

Waballs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, I wouldn't trust using equipment in that condition. I'm not qualified to answer if there's anything you can do to clean it up since I don't have any experience with electronics repair.
I'm still going to consider myself a newb to the hobby and a super newb to the Neptune. I wish I would have known to have looked at the aquabus a little more carefully. :(

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back