Ebay sump or refugium for 38-gallon reef tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MelO82
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MelO82

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Destin, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the question would be, what are you looking to use it for?
The first one if your just using it for equipment.
The second one if your going to put Macro Algae in it.
 
That's my dilemma... I definitely would want to put protein skimmer and heater in there... but would also like plants and such... Is it possible to have best of both worlds?
 
You should not buy that kit. Acrylic and glass are not really compatible and should not be mixed.
 
OK visited my local lfs. He's going to give me the specs so I can make it out of glass.

I know there are differin opinions on this topic but what is best... sump or refugium, and why? Also, if you go with a refugium would you leave protein skimmer out or still ad in protein skimmer?

Thanks :wave:
 
Use it as a Fuge. Gotta throw in the Skimmer also. The macro algae you can grow in it help maintain the water quality. Try and get one big enough to house the skimmer your looking at. And if your going to DIY, then thats alot easier to do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new