Ecotech battery back up issue with Return pump

Islandboy10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone able to help I have a battery back up that isn’t working with my vectra s1. It shows that it’s in battery back up mode but water isn’t being pushed out. I have my mp40qd hooked up to the same battery back up and it works fine. Also I do have the battery booster cable connected for the vectra.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is supposed to he a separate in line connector from the battery to the pump line. It's different then the straight line from the battery to the MP40.

Do you have the connector for the vectra pump in pkace?

Bluedore

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The backup might not have enough power to power the return pump?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing is battery mode defaults to like 12% intensity for the pump so you need to go into mobius settings and adjust the intensity.

OP
OP
Islandboy10

Islandboy10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is supposed to he a separate in line connector from the battery to the pump line. It's different then the straight line from the battery to the MP40.

Do you have the connector for the vectra pump in pkace?
I have tried taking off the 1 mp40qd I have connected and working with the backup and still nothing. Also yes I have the battery booster line connected to the vectra pump not the normal line thats used for wavemakers

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tried taking off the 1 mp40qd I have connected and working with the backup and still nothing. Also yes I have the battery booster line connected to the vectra pump not the normal line thats used for wavemakers
Did you adjust the pump intensity in mobius? This will shorten battery back up time though.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a voltage booster that has to go inline for to run the vectra return pumps off of the ecotech battery.

Screenshot_20230810-185116.png

Edit: I read again, saw the OP has the booster! More than likely the lead acid batteries are about kaput if you have had the backup for a few years now.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It automatically defaults to like 12 % intensity on the vectra pump when the battery is activated. It won't push water out of the return nozzle at this low intensity. You have to go into mobius and adjust the pump intensity while on battery power but this also shortens battery charge time.

lofty78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm having a similar issue, but I do not have a second pump hooked up and I have a vectra S2. My Mobius says it's only getting 3 watts and yes I have the voltage booster.

My question is in response to Lavey29's response above. Do you have to adjust the settings once it goes on back up power, or can the settings be set preemptively and not affect the normal operation of the pump?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back