EcoTech Marine Radion G4 Full Release Information! BRAND NEW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Are you excited about the release of the new Radion G4?

• Yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Not sure yet

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so but they really are not explaining why they have yet. They keep saying the HEI lenses only work on the new heatsink but that doesn't make sense to me at all. I understand they only work on the new cluster because they added new LEDs and moved the placement of them. But it wouldn't be hard to me HEI lenses for the G3 number of LEDs and location of them.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be blunt I usually don't get excited about much of anything Ecotech. I do love the Vortech's I have and in the end was glad I floundered around and didn't buy any until the latest quiet version came out. Now for the G4's I feel tempered excitement that maybe there is finally a good LED only solution. I was a long time MH/T5 user who eventually went to 5 Kessil 360WE's and my feeling for some time has been the only good solution (other than MH/T5) is a hybrid T5/LED but have not been terribly impressed with the current offerings. I'm not going to hold my breath but I'm somewhat optimistic about these lights. In about 6 months after the dust settles with any issues worked out I may give these a shot. Just really want to see how it goes with the first adopters issue and performance wise. Been burned too many times by new releases. Most of all I want to see real world user accounts of how well the new lenses actually perform and how close they come to the light spread with a good reflector with T5 and/or MH. My biggest issue has always been the shadowing and the typical underneath brown or die out of many corals as they grow in size.

Price wise pretty steep as usual for Ecotech. $2397 for 3 x XR30 Gen4 Pro's and tack on another $285 for the RMS setup I would want. I guess the lights are somewhat in the realm of LED reason but the mounting accessories are a bit excessive in price. Seriously though for a high end product and this price point and the best they can do is 1yr warranty? At least 2yrs like Kessil would be more appropriate.

I feel for the users that got bit by recent purchases but upgrades only go for so long and then its time to force customers to buy all new product and shell out more $$ (classic marketing drop a bomb). The price I guess for supposedly improved tech. Same thing just happened to all the Apex users with the sudden announcement and no upgrade path. Like with Apex though I'm sure there will be lots of earlier gens for sale cheap.

lol 1 year warranty so they can drop another model in a year and not have to stock parts for the old model.

Brett H whitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my 3 new Gen 4 XR30’s in the mail last weekend. Managed to build the mounting system for them so I hope to have them installed on my tank next weekend. been wanting to upgrade my Hydra’s for some time, just to many hot spots in the tank.

BRS has a video out that include PAR testing. The new lenses dramatically improve
the lights coverage and removes the hot spots. Should make coral placement a lot easier

I believe that Ecotech will continue supporting the Gen 3’s for a minimum of 24 months after the G4 release. That’s what I read on their web site anyway.

Last edited:

Staggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the BRS video would have used the wide angle lens when comparing to the HEI ones, that would have been a bit of a closer test since the Wide Angles are 120degree's and were headed in the direction of what they did with the HEI.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got a G4 they can try and put the new lens on a G3?

I know the G3 doesn't have the extra leds, but does the lens line up to the led's?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back