Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello dear Reefers!

I created my first series video for the Radion G5 from EcoTech Marine, it's just simple video, nothing crazy in term of data.
The goal of those 2 videos is simply to show what to expect if you buy the product and how you setup the light.

Radion G5 XR15 Pro:

Radion G5 XR15 Blue:

I also made video in French if you are into that:
French Version XR15 Pro & Blue

I will produce more video in the comings months but please be kind, i'm kinda slow and I have Full time job so it take time for me ;)
Those 4 video were the first (2nd) since I bought my Camera so I will pump up the production value overtime, need to learn and experiment.

If you have any suggestion how to make those video better let me know, I'm always open to critics.
If you think those video have good value don't forget to hit that Like button, it help me a lot, I'm not a Store or Sponsor or what ever, just a individual-neutral guy in his very small apartment so my video are getting hidden by the big company on YouTube.

XR15Pro_Template.jpg
XR15Blue_Template.jpg

Took a Screen shot because I'm pretty sure some people wonder about the look between the 2 light. This is straight from camera without orange filter.
I will dedicate a full video between the 2 light, i'm not even sure my self which one I prefer at the moment i'm writing this.

So far I love the light but I need more time and testing before I have a better opinion.
And yes, I will buy that diffuser.

- Nic

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good overview of the setup process.
Any thoughts/comments on the issues that I and other have seen with the lights and Mobius? Or did you get lucky and not hit any of them?

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The problem I encounter are 80% in the video, I haven't got that many issue compare to what I read in your thread.

- The fan goes 0 to 100% when it reach X temperature, wrong threshold, It's an easy fix, waiting for the update.
- I got problem with connecting the G5 on Bluetooth but after the 5-7 reset factory it finally work
- I sent a email to EcoTech Marine by haven't receive any reply, I assume they are simply overwhelm right now since they release 6 new product to the public in a very short window.
- I really want to delete other profils aquarium test but can't right now, my OCD is freaking out.
- Profil inaccessible if you unplug a Light and you just want to plug another one

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that in the RB episode where Jake interviews one of the fixtures designers he said “we created our own new fan from the ground up.” Jake asks “why”, and the guy replies “to make it quieter”

Fan noise has been the overwhelming complaint of this generation over previous.

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting that in the RB episode where Jake interviews one of the fixtures designers he said “we created our own new fan from the ground up.” Jake asks “why”, and the guy replies “to make it quieter”

Fan noise has been the overwhelming complaint of this generation over previous.

Agreed...That video was one of the main reason I got rid of my Gen-3's...The noise was driving me crazy...Everything else on my tank is nearly silent...until those fans kicked in. I was definitely surprised when I my new Gen-5's fans started up and were louder than the Gen-3's - and the XR30 is even louder than the XR15, though perhaps it is rubbing, as I think others have reported the same issue.
Hopefully a firmware update is all that is needed to keep the fans spinning at idle speed - which should be enough to keep them quiet and cool enough.

Corey Dufrene

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking of upgrading to the G5's from the G4 Pros. Any suggestions on Blue or Pro? Some people say if you have Pros stay with Pros but others say if you are running AB+ go with the Blues. I'm really having difficulty deciding which ones. Any advice would be appreciated.

CaptainOver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking of upgrading to the G5's from the G4 Pros. Any suggestions on Blue or Pro? Some people say if you have Pros stay with Pros but others say if you are running AB+ go with the Blues. I'm really having difficulty deciding which ones. Any advice would be appreciated.
I was running AB+ on my Gen3's and that would have all blues at 100%, and the white/red/green set to 24%. So I felt like I was wasting a bunch of LED's. With the Gen5's, I went with the Blue's, and now run all at 100%, except for the cyan, which I run at 10% as it makes it too "baby-blue" with that one at 100%. I feel like this gives me a similar appearance to my old setup, and still gives me 100% power in the spectrum where I need it.

OP
OP
Aqua Splendor

Aqua Splendor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I wonder my self that also, Honestly they are not that far off from each other, both products are very similar.
If your target is to grow coral only then my guts would say take the blue.

Ssattar88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to dial in the settings for my tank without over powering my tank. My tank is 18inches deep and running on a rms Mount. Currently running my lights with radiant color and 60% intensity. Any advice or help to dial in the perfect settings?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back