Ecotech Radion G3 Light Maintenance

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R Community.

I was upgrading the RF Module on my Ecotech Radion G3's and found two maintenance issues that I would be very grateful for advice on.

Firstly, the lens appears to have built up some discolouration at the focus points on some of the LED's (see photo). Is it possible to clean this or should the lens be replaced?

Secondly, the rubberised side panels of the light unit have become very sticky (see second photo). Is there a safe way to remove this sticky residue?

Thank you, Simon

tempImageHYhpJD.png

tempImagebhBwwj.png

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you manage to find the rf modules?? Been looking at the ecotech website but it says out of stock?

7akata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, the lens appears to have built up some discolouration at the focus points on some of the LED's (see photo). Is it possible to clean this or should the lens be replaced?
I believe this is melted/burnt from the violet (or indigo?) spectrum LEDs. I know AI had some issues with longevity and plastic lenses melting near the violet/UV diodes. I believe that's why Orphek moved to glass only on their UV lenses. You'll need to replace that, you wont be able to fix it. Here was the layout:

1632502856409.png

OP
OP
SimonHP

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you manage to find the rf modules?? Been looking at the ecotech website but it says out of stock?
I know, I kicked up a fuss because the SA distributor couldn’t help with anything so I think that they relented and were able to find some for me. It was a few months ago. I had one more out of four to change & service.

OP
OP
SimonHP

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is melted/burnt from the violet (or indigo?) spectrum LEDs. I know AI had some issues with longevity and plastic lenses melting near the violet/UV diodes. I believe that's why Orphek moved to glass only on their UV lenses. You'll need to replace that, you wont be able to fix it. Here was the layout:

1632502856409.png
That’s really useful, thanks very much dank reefer

OP
OP
SimonHP

SimonHP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1632502856409.png
Sorry, that didn’t sound right! I mean that I think you are right, that I should try to replace the lenses. They are 5 - 6 years old after all

Kan123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I kicked up a fuss because the SA distributor couldn’t help with anything so I think that they relented and were able to find some for me. It was a few months ago. I had one more out of four to change & service.
How do you suggest I get my own lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back