Ecotech Radion XR30 Gen4 Pro’s (made in 2018). Is there an app?

Han_And

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We brought some new lights - ecotech Radion XR30’s gen4. From reading online if they were produced late 2017 onwards you could download the app ‘eco smart live’ to Enable you to use it on our phones. Does it work? We can’t seem to get it working. Thank you

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until recently this was the only app everyone used, and the majority of people still use today.

You either need to connect the lights via USB to your PC and setup the connection manager software, or you need a ReefLink to wirelessly connect to the units.

You should have gotten the USB cable with the lights, if not (assuming you bought second hand), then you'll need to buy one. The port is on the end.

The G4 had no way to connect directly wirelessly to the app, this was only delivered in the new G5 with bluetooth connectivity.

The instructions explain how to do this.

OP
OP
H

Han_And

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until recently this was the only app everyone used, and the majority of people still use today.

You either need to connect the lights via USB to your PC and setup the connection manager software, or you need a ReefLink to wirelessly connect to the units.

The G4 had no way to connect directly wirelessly to the app, this was only delivered in the new G5 with bluetooth connectivity.

The instructions explain how to do this.
We’ve set them up via the PC but it does say online the ones produced late 2017 onwards have a chip inserted to connect to Mobius - apparently ‍♀️

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ve set them up via the PC but it does say online the ones produced late 2017 onwards have a chip inserted to connect to Mobius - apparently ‍♀

Ok, got ya.

Ecosmart live is the app for G4 back.
Mobius currently only supports G5, and maybe never G4 back, who knows.

To use the ecosmart live app on your phone, you will need the ReefLink, as only via that can the app communicate over the internet, through the ReefLink and to your lights.

The mobile app obviously doesn't allow USB (what would you connect it to etc etc).

Without a ReefLink, your only method to setup your lights is via USB and using the desktop web app.

Prior to the G5, it wasn't a great solution, hence why everyone got a ReefLink.

OP
OP
H

Han_And

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, got ya.

Ecosmart live is the app for G4 back.
Mobius currently only supports G5, and maybe never G4 back, who knows.

To use the ecosmart live app on your phone, you will need the ReefLink, as only via that can the app communicate over the internet, through the ReefLink and to your lights.

The mobile app obviously doesn't allow USB (what would you connect it to etc etc).

Without a ReefLink, your only method to setup your lights is via USB and using the desktop web app.

Prior to the G5, it wasn't a great solution, hence why everyone got a ReefLink.
Perfect thanks. At least we know it’s not just us hahah

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back