Ecotech Versa

Novey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, does anyone know what is going on with Ecotech. I’m based in the U.K. and haven’t seen any stock of an Ecotech Versa for over 18 months.

I’m wondering whether the Versa has been discontinued or whether there is severe manufacturing defect issues causing inability to supply the dosing pump.

would be grateful for any news here

thanks!

DeepSea75

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected with Ecotech and was told that they're having a supply chain issue with a chip that goes in the units. they said they are still building and shipping new units every week. with that said, its still very hard to get a single unit, much less the four doser unit.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Novey

Novey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected with Ecotech and was told that they're having a supply chain issue with a chip that goes in the units. they said they are still building and shipping new units every week. with that said, its still very hard to get a single unit, much less the four doser unit.
Thanks for letting me know. I did also call Ecotech who explained the same. The supply issue with a chip that goes into the units. Let’s hope we see them again i the U.K. sometime soon!

Upvote 0

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best of luck, the backorders to BRS will take a good long time to get through I would suspect

Upvote 0

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has been ongoing for at least a year now with them. Be patient, check your LFS regularly and go to the online stores (BRS etc) and set up an email notification for when they're in stock.
That's how I got mine a while back. Literally (I checked) less than a minute passed between the time I got an email from BRS and the time I checked out with two of them and they sold out seconds after that.

Upvote 0

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can buy something without supply chain inventories or gouging from resellers. I would consider them but supply chain issues and parts are big part of these systems and they are just failing for up to two years. No thank you.

Upvote 0

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you can buy something without supply chain inventories or gouging from resellers. I would consider them but supply chain issues and parts are big part of these systems and they are just failing for up to two years. No thank you.
What retailers are price gouging Versa Pumps? Considering the online stores I've looked at all sell it at the same price (currently $164.99), I'm guessing the price is set by Ecotech.
And, don't get me wrong, this has been an issue with these pumps for a while, but how do you know whatever brand you decide to pick isn't going to end up with it's own supply chain issues next week or next month or next year?

Upvote 0

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of modular designs that can be swapped. I use Drew's doser on BRS and never break. It is 110 I think and plugs in t a timer. Some are 8 years old and work fine. My L1 vectra lasted a year and died.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back