EcoTech XR15 Diffuser Review

Yep, that’s where it is from. They don’t make light mounts anymore unfortunately. I customized mine from the original Kessil version I bought to work with my XR15.
 
Hey @TheEngineer , just curious to hear an update. Still using it? Have you increased the power? If not, what percent are you running at?
 
Hey @TheEngineer , just curious to hear an update. Still using it? Have you increased the power? If not, what percent are you running at?
Still using it, still loving it :)

I run my lights at 100% intensity on the SPS AB+ program. That's something like 67% overall intensity I believe. I raised it up to that level over quite a while.
 
@TheEngineer Thanks for the update! Did you notice any change/reaction to the corals when adding the diffuser?
 
Unfortunately I can't say. I added the diffuser when I just restarting this tank, so I don't have anything to compare it against.
 
@TheEngineer Alright, I'm just worried because I just put 8 new frags in over the weekend. I kinda feel like I should get the diffuser now, while they're still on the sand bed acclimating. But I don't want to increase their stress level.
 
I think you should get it. It reduces the high intensity bands and blends the colors better. That's a win all around IMO.
 
Nice. Post a build thread and keep us posted :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new