Eddie Baby's frags for the Coral Market

Eddie Baby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I wanted to get these up and out there, so I'll apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures. As should be obvious, no photo editing software was harmed in the preparation of these pics. My lighting is 20,000K 250W XM's, so between that and my truly weak camera skills, capturing true color was a challenge. Anyway, enough of the disclaimers...here's the majority of what I'll have at my table.

You can look at this as a Coral Bailout, because nothing will be over $30.

1. Tyree LE Blue Chalice (Echinopora lamellosa)
Frags are between 3/4" and 1" - cover most of a standard plug. Some have started to encrust. Here is a picture of the mother colony. Just over two years ago when I got the frag (straight from RF), it wasn't even 1/2" square. $30 each
bluechalice1.jpg

2. Green Chalice with fluorescent yellow-green eyes (Echinopora sp.)
Picked this up in Atl at Capucchino Bay about two weeks before they closed. Maybe it has a freaky name, but all I know is that the main body is a medium to forest green, but the small eyes are a bright fluorescent yellow-green. Grows very quickly - I've fragged it twice since last August when I got it. Frags are again between 3/4 and 1" and are defnitely encrusting the plugs as they've been growing for about a month. Here's the mother colony - pic is horrible (sorry), but if you squint you can see the eyes are a different color. $25 each
greenchalice1.jpg

Here are the chalice frags (blue in foreground):
chalicefrags.jpg

3. Tyree LE Montipora aquituberculata
Primarily plating monti, but will grow in different forms with spires, etc. depending on light and current. Grows with white leading edge. Surface is not smooth - has ridges, etc. Frags are large, well over 1" with some more than 2". Here's the mother colony - the brightness of the halides and the white growth edge clash, but hopefully you can get the idea. $30 each
montiaq1.jpg

4. Purple Haze Montipora
Encrusting monti that grows over surface of rock until it decides it would rather grow out into the water. Color varies under different lighting. Under my old 14,000K Hamiltons, it was more of a medium purple. Under my 20,000K XMs, it is a deeper purple with a thin white leading growth edge - the most recent growth then turns blue until it matures into purple. Very cool, hard to describe, and I haven't been able to take a decent picture of it yet - what looks white in the picture is almost all blue. Frags cover almost all of a standard plug. Here's the main colony (I have a few - it grows quickly). $20 each
purplehaze1.jpg

5. Bright Green Montipora capricornis
Plating monti with a dark green center that gets progressively lighter toward a white growth edge. Polyps are bright green. Frags are around 3/4" to 1". $10 each. Here's the mother colony:
greenmonti1.jpg

6. Electric Orange zoas (that's what I call them, at least). Small zoas with a glowing orange center. No other color to speak of, but you won't notice. I can't reproduce the color in a photo. Three frags - one has 4 polyps, the other two have 3. $20 each
electricorangezoas.jpg

7. Copper zoas. Bright copper-colored center, ring of a dark forest green, short brown skirts. Three frags total, several polyps on each. $20 each
copperzoas1.jpg

8. Green and Brown palythoas. These grow fast and can get pretty big. The more light they get, the more green they develop in the middle. I have some in another tank under 400W MH that are almost all green. 3-4 frags with at least 3-4 polyps each. $15 each. An example:
browngreenpalys2.jpg

9. Green Fungia. Yes, from the mother colony that refused to (completely) die, I have several baby fungia colonies that can be separated. A little different from most I've seen in that the tentacles are small and thin, but extend much further than the norm. The biggest of these are now a bit bigger than a quarter. They will definitely grow out, and faster once they get a bit more room away from their clones. $15 each.
fungia.jpg

I've got some other odds and ends as well, like a few blue xenias, some brown zoas with white centers, some frogspawn heads, etc. If I get time, might even have some small frags of gold Pavona maldiviensis and a few more zoas (Eagle Eyes, Miami Hurricanes and maybe a big surprise). I've also got some electric green fuzzy mushrooms and green striped mushrooms that need homes.

If you are planning on attending the market and want to make sure you get something from my list, just reply here or send me a PM.

Thanks as always,
Will

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back