eel compatibility

cody hendrix

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2017
Messages
447
Reaction score
136
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would a zebra, snowflake and chain link all get along in the same tank?
 
I have seem combinations of these eels that have worked, but not all 3 together. I would think in a large enough tank it would work, the zebra alone needs at least a 180g.
 
I am getting ready to take delivery on a 450 8-36-30 tall. Would that be big enough?
 
In a 450 gallon tank, fish compatibility becomes a slightly different kind of an issue :)

If you put a baby snowflake and a grown zebra in the same tank, you're likely to have a very fat zebra... but as long as they're reasonably close to the same size, I doubt you'd have a problem. With lots of rock, plenty of hiding places, that's a big enough tank for the fish to get out of each other's way.
 
Thanks guys, yea I am going to try and get a 15 plus inch snow flake and chailink to go with a smaller zebra.

I would love one of the larger eels but I feel like they would eat some fish. With these guys I feel like I'll be much safer. The smallest fish in the tank once full grown will be about 8 inches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new