Eel in overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter puckett26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

puckett26

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 25, 2020
Messages
224
Reaction score
29
Location
Maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Aqueon 120 reef ready for my Lionfish and eel. Well I forgot to put the cover on the overflow and naturally the eel went in it. If you are familiar with the overflows on these tank you know that there is a wall right behind the teeth that goes from the bottom almost to the top of the overflow. This section is like 1/4” gap. He is in that part. I can figure out for the life of me how to get him out. Any ideas?
 
I found a thread with a similar situation after I posted this so I’ll give that a try.
 
Use a rod of some type that you can put down into that section. Slant it and position in front of the eel. What you wantnisbto encourage him to climb up thenrod and over. A rod or anything you can figure to get in there, but the point is to get him to climb up on his own.
 
Worked like a charm. Thanks! He then proceeded to eat a Silverside. All’s well that ends well.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new