Eel- not eating

dougzfresh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
84
Reaction score
37
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My white Ribbon has eaten every day for 7 months of had him, recently at least i haven’t SEEN him eat for maybe 2-3 weeks. Normal behavior for eels?
 
I've had eels go long times without eating then start up again. That being said, ribbon eels are notoriously difficult so I'd suggest keep looking for more info on the species you have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new