Eels and nems?

Breefin1220

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
34
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested in getting a couple golden dwarf eels but am wondering. Can they be around btas? I planned on doing a clown harem in my tank (obviously meaning there would be anemones) would that be an issue for a couple-few dwarfs?
 
No but your running a risk by have a eel and clown
 
No but your running a risk by have a eel and clown
??? Melatremus eels won't go after clowns.

Provide plenty of cave structure and they will be fine.
 
??? Melatremus eels won't go after clowns.

Provide plenty of cave structure and they will be fine.
I thought all eels go after anything that can fit in there mouth . Please correct me when I’m wrong so I can learn
 
I thought all eels go after anything that can fit in there mouth . Please correct me when I’m wrong so I can learn
Some eels are specialized fish eaters, others are specialized invert eaters, others are more versatile in their diet. Melatremus eels eat both, but stay small enough to not be a threat to clowns.
 
No issues with BTA, I have about 30 BTAs with a golden eel. No issues at all.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new