Effects of hydrogen peroxide.

maf154

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok let me start by saying it has been a long weekend. I have sorta downsized my live rock a bit in my 75 gallon. Had a ton of live rock with hair algae on it. So I moved all of that rock to my tank in the basement. I actually was thinking of stripping that rock of everything on it by using hydrogen peroxide in five gallon bucket's. Don't know what ratio of water to hydrogen peroxide to use? Can some one help? Also was thinking of curing that rock after it is stripped what is entailed in that process? I also have some slime and algae on some of my zoo's can you use hydrogen peroxide to get the algae offof them? And what's the process to reintroduce into tank? Thanks for your help!!

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used straight peroxide in a bucket used a toothbrush to scrub off the hair algae, another spray of peroxide and then rinsed in clean rodi water...then back in the tank...
I have a 150g, but my friend that showed me what to do has a 60g... So other than some of the inverts in the rock it kills, no effect in the tank...

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to kill all bacteria on the rock that way as well. It seems like a band aid fix to me, better to address the actual problem causing it. Might take longer and prove more stressful, but in the long run you might be happier.

Do you have any skunk cleaner shrimp? Those are known to not tolerate even a small amount of peroxide. If not and you are really set on peroxide to fix your algae issues, I'd looking into a dosing regimen. But like I said, I really think your better off in the long run fixing the issue the at the cause.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back