Hydrogen peroxide not killing cyano?

Good luck with this. I feel your pain and have been battling this myself. Half of the reef is typical cyano and the other half is predominantly spirolina. How does this happen? All on rocks and overflow walls but not on sand. It's been a battle.
Ah no good luck with your battle too it’s a tough one! I will keep this thread updated if/when I eventually beat it totally. On the plus side mine doesn’t seem to impact corals much as long as I blow it away from them regularly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new