Hydrogen peroxide not killing cyano?

Good luck with this. I feel your pain and have been battling this myself. Half of the reef is typical cyano and the other half is predominantly spirolina. How does this happen? All on rocks and overflow walls but not on sand. It's been a battle.
Ah no good luck with your battle too it’s a tough one! I will keep this thread updated if/when I eventually beat it totally. On the plus side mine doesn’t seem to impact corals much as long as I blow it away from them regularly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new