Cyano

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have what I believe to be cyano. However it does get bubbly mats and sometime it looks stringy like Dino’s. It goes away somewhat at lights out. I can get it to all go away with a 4 day blackout but it slowly comes back. From the bad pic, does this looks like cyano? It’s very red so I don’t think Dino’s but I want to confirm before chemiclean.

No bubbles now but after all day with lights on the Mats contain bubbles which I’m not sure is common with cyano. I’ve done the peroxide test and it would appear to be spirulina

IMG_7537.jpeg IMG_7538.jpeg IMG_7539.jpeg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have what I believe to be cyano. However it does get bubbly mats and sometime it looks stringy like Dino’s. It goes away somewhat at lights out. I can get it to all go away with a 4 day blackout but it slowly comes back. From the bad pic, does this looks like cyano? It’s very red so I don’t think Dino’s but I want to confirm before chemiclean.

No bubbles now but after all day with lights on the Mats contain bubbles which I’m not sure is common with cyano. I’ve done the peroxide test and it would appear to be spirulina

IMG_7537.jpeg IMG_7538.jpeg IMG_7539.jpeg
Can’t tell what is growing in photos with purple sand. The slime on the Cheato could be cyanobacteria

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the peroxide test shows spirulina, chemi clean is the only treatment. I just had the same thing on my sand bed with bubbles in it and seems to go away with lights out. Peroxide test also showed spirulina. Chemi clean wiped it out. Are you feeding any frozen food?

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the peroxide test shows spirulina, chemi clean is the only treatment. I just had the same thing on my sand bed with bubbles in it and seems to go away with lights out. Peroxide test also showed spirulina. Chemi clean wiped it out. Are you feeding any frozen food?

Excellent . Thanks for the info.

Only feed frozen, PE, Rods and home made stuff

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back