Dinos or cyano

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys another id thread. I definitely had Dinos earlier. Nutrients bottomed out and had brown snotty stuff with bubbles everywhere. Did a black out and added UV and bumped up the nutrients w live bacteria and now this stuff returned about a week later. Nutrients are quite high at the moment and now I am thinking this may be cyano (or different Dino’s). It doesn’t disappear at night like the other stuff either and when I blow at it, it chunks away instead of dissolving which is my experience with dinos. If I mix the sand bed to disturb it it will stay together as well

IMG_7041.jpeg IMG_7040.jpeg

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think dinos is likelier, but it can always be a mix.

AquaBert

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys another id thread. I definitely had Dinos earlier. Nutrients bottomed out and had brown snotty stuff with bubbles everywhere. Did a black out and added UV and bumped up the nutrients w live bacteria and now this stuff returned about a week later. Nutrients are quite high at the moment and now I am thinking this may be cyano (or different Dino’s). It doesn’t disappear at night like the other stuff either and when I blow at it, it chunks away instead of dissolving which is my experience with dinos. If I mix the sand bed to disturb it it will stay together as well

IMG_7041.jpeg IMG_7040.jpeg
I have the same issue - ae you still battling it?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back