Egg crate tank cover

Seeing as I only paid 15 bucks for the sheet, pretty sure its the cheap stuff. Another hardware store had it double the price, so betting they had the more expensive stuff. The strip along the front of the tank stops right where the light bank begins, it's only about 5-6 inches wide, so it's not blocking any light. Just keeping fish in and look a heck of a lot better than a strip of bridal veil netting that I used to use. The lid sits on the edges of the EC to keep it in place. Once cooler weather hits, I can go back to closing the lid. The display refugium just has colts and xenia and some macros. The lighting is adjustable so I suspect that tank is okay although when I plumb the two tanks together, I'll probably do the combo of netting and EC. The hex will only have fish so don't need lighting there. Very handy stuff! Lots of pcs left to make frag racks!
 
I used a trick I saw from another reefer - BRS kit of most of the lid except the backmost 3"; black eggcrate for those last 3" so you can easily make cutouts for cords and such. I think that it looks rather slick ;-)
I know this is an old thread. Do you mind posting a picture? I'm in lid hell on my 40 breeder. I have a hang on back skimmer and the Tidal 110 filter so I was looking at egg crate too but I love your idea of a hybrid lid.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new