Egg ID needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter jason142
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jason142

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
125
Reaction score
26
Location
Chula Vista, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my power heads yesterday and found this on covered in some type of eggs, does anyone know what these are?
 
Its hard to tell for sure but given that they are in the powerhead and the way they look I would also say snail eggs. What kind of snails do you have in your tank?
 
Ya, they are definitely snail eggs. A member from another forum identified them as Nassarius eggs which makes sense because a couple of days before I cleaned them there were 4 up around there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new