Eggs on snail shell?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
5,397
Reaction score
9,946
Location
Clarksville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what these small round off-white bumps are on my Nerite Snail's shell could be? Eggs possibly? It seems like every other Nerite snail in the tank likes to take a ride on his/her shell... lol.

I received this snail from Reef Cleaners the other day and it was covered in these bumps. I thought I scraped them all off before I pour him in my Invert QT, but obviously I missed a few. Not sure if i should scrape again or let him be.

20171016_204006.jpg
 
It looks like snail eggs, probably Nerite.
 
Nerite eggs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new