Eggs or something else???

XxMysterioxX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a couple months old and there shouldn't be any eggs in the tank this early on from the fish. I have two clownfish, a classic and a black and white, just paired together. I also have a Fighting Conch, Two snails with bumpy shells, and a snail that recently and sadly died with a round shell. Went to check on the tank when I saw this green egg/algae/something else in a crevice on one of my rocks. Photos are a little blurry and its under blue light but doesn't glow under white. Also could this be harmful to the tank?

Green Egg 1.jpg Green Egg.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My tank is a couple months old and there shouldn't be any eggs in the tank this early on from the fish. I have two clownfish, a classic and a black and white, just paired together. I also have a Fighting Conch, Two snails with bumpy shells, and a snail that recently and sadly died with a round shell. Went to check on the tank when I saw this green egg/algae/something else in a crevice on one of my rocks. Photos are a little blurry and its under blue light but doesn't glow under white. Also could this be harmful to the tank?

Pics are too blue and fuzzy
Please repost under white lighting

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely not clownfish or conch eggs, and extremely unlikely to be snail eggs.

I would guess that it's either a very young coral, anemone, or oddly fluorescent algae, but without knowing exactly what it is, I can't say for sure if it's harmful or not.

Any chance you could get a much closer up, less blurry pic of it under white light?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back