Eibli Angel swimming frantically

nyc_love

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this Eibli Angel in yesterday and it was doing fine yesterday evening (it was in fact the bully of the tank) but all day today, it’s been swimming frantically on one side of the tank like this. It just keeps going up and down along this side of the tank. It did eat a little earlier today but it didn't swim to the food, it just ate whatever floated near it. It was pecking at a Binac Anthias that was dying yesterday so I’m worried it got whatever killed the Anthias. Is this swimming behavior something to be worried about? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this Eibli Angel in yesterday and it was doing fine yesterday evening (it was in fact the bully of the tank) but all day today, it’s been swimming frantically on one side of the tank like this. It just keeps going up and down along this side of the tank. It did eat a little earlier today but it didn't swim to the food, it just ate whatever floated near it. It was pecking at a Binac Anthias that was dying yesterday so I’m worried it got whatever killed the Anthias. Is this swimming behavior something to be worried about? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
It may be begging for food or stressed. So, Fish do this when stressed, wants food or cramped. New fish usually does it so no problem just keep an eye on it, if it continues for 2-3 days, then u can inform us:).

Let's call experts #reefsquad

Last edited:

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can’t see the video from my iPad. But I agree with advice above.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 65 40.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 81 50.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back