Eibli angelfish - food type ?

Willis19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

I recently got a beautiful eibli angelfish, for two days (Time that has been in my tank) he/she hasn't eat what I offer ( reef frenzy) but is eating the "algae in the rocks".

This is why I am concern, first my tank is 10 months old and I don't have any algae at all in the rocks - zero! So I'm not sure what is in the menu !

The fish has been good with my corals

I have never try the garlic + food, any advice ?
Thanks in

66111BE6-AE0A-48AB-BF2A-A8B4004EE6FF.png

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With dwarf angels i have had luck with
Hikari mega marine algae and angel diet.

And fresh mussels, when first arrive some are picky this seems to help. They are also rock dwellers so lights off for a day or 2 also helps.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eibli isn’t generally hard to get eating .... as long as there is no underlying disease. Then no food will help.

OP
OP
Willis19

Willis19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE = there was a velvet outbreak - so put the fish in a QT Day #4 (2020-03-02) - they are still no eating so I'm worried - treating with H2O2 + kordon rapid cure - fish are ok not symptoms or signs of disease - but no eat at all :(; feeding with pellets/reef freenzy/frozen food, I will try to add some nori today. The QT is 5g and i have the angel+cardinal+damsel

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh that sucks. Good luck.

Personally I try to get all my fish on nls pellets. I feed seaweed, nls, & hijacked seafood medley for the eel.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with Panta Rhei Nouri Sponge and Polyps. Especially with picky Angels and Butterflies.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi to all,

I recently got a beautiful eibli angelfish, for two days (Time that has been in my tank) he/she hasn't eat what I offer ( reef frenzy) but is eating the "algae in the rocks".

This is why I am concern, first my tank is 10 months old and I don't have any algae at all in the rocks - zero! So I'm not sure what is in the menu !

The fish has been good with my corals

I have never try the garlic + food, any advice ?
Thanks in

66111BE6-AE0A-48AB-BF2A-A8B4004EE6FF.png

Very common for all centropyges to do this. By nature they are algae grazers although will supplement with meat when the opportunity presents itself. My Coral Beauty did this for a week before starting to nibble at Seaweed/Nori and then taking to LRS Reef Frenzy.

OP
OP
Willis19

Willis19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very common for all centropyges to do this. By nature they are algae grazers although will supplement with meat when the opportunity presents itself. My Coral Beauty did this for a week before starting to nibble at Seaweed/Nori and then taking to LRS Reef Frenzy.
Thank you, I will offer seaweed/nori today

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back