OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eienna, a couple of my little fish were going through the teeth of my overflow and what I did was put an Aquaclear filter inside the overflow to block the teeth. Its worked well because they are so porous it doesn't slow the water at all.

I think my problem is that my overflow doesn't have teeth at all at the moment. I have to fix that still.

What amazes me is that his tubby little self managed to get first to the mouth of the pipe and then safely down it!

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no illnesses from the stress of the moves, and no aggression. Good stuff! :D

I need to get a video up here...

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has tried both, I can honestly say that HOBs have NOTHING on a good filter sock.

And the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser needs to be promoted to an official acrylic aquarium tool. But then the price would go up, I guess, LOL!!

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was Big Al, my navarchus angel. I had him a long time, 5-6 years but when I downsized for his good I sold him back to the LFS. He had been in my 90g with frogspawn and hammer and softies. My LR always has sponges on it and I think that is why he was so healthy, I think he was snacking on them. I do miss him but he was big enough that even a 90g was probably inadequate.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was Big Al, my navarchus angel. I had him a long time, 5-6 years but when I downsized for his good I sold him back to the LFS. He had been in my 90g with frogspawn and hammer and softies. My LR always has sponges on it and I think that is why he was so healthy, I think he was snacking on them. I do miss him but he was big enough that even a 90g was probably inadequate.

They're also called blue girdled or majestic angels, aren't they?

I got to see a mature specimen at my favorite LFS. GORGEOUS. Huge, too, as you said. If I decided to get one it'd have to go in my hubby's 150, not my 100.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are called Blue girdled angel. They are not an easy angel to keep and I think I was just lucky in that I got a resilient fish. He once got very sick, got cloudy eyes and couldn't eat for a week. I thought for sure he was a goner but I kept putting his favorite foods in front of him and didn't he start eating again! He was a great fish.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Middle of the bottom seam split open. Why, I don't know. One second it seemed fine, the next, water pouring all over the floor. I'm so exhausted...I want to sleep...but I can't...too badly upset, I guess. Pretty sure everyone's okay, and no damage to the house, but...I'm about ready to swear off acrylic altogether. At least my trusty 50g glass was standing by. Don't know what I would've done without that to put my precious little guys in.

OP
OP
Eienna

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow sorry to hear of this misfortune, how's everything going in your 55g ?

Everyone's alive, if a little shaken. My dragonet won't eat her usual fare right now, though, so I scraped together enough change for a bottle of pods. Hopefully that gets her back on track.

It's been an awful time for them. They've been moved far too many times in the last month or two. :'(

Last edited:

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope the Drogonet makes it. I had the same problem with mine when I transferred him to my 120g. I had to go buy some pods to replenish my stock. He was looking skinny but he's eating and looking healthier now.

Back