Elegance coral concern

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,857
Reaction score
1,547
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
After doing a tank clean yesterday, rock brushing and sand bed vacuum, i woke this morning to find my elegance coralnot opened as much and has this white mucous like sloughing around the outer perimiter. I noticed some sand on it, so I’m sure it’s irritated, but I was not sure if this sloughing was a normal reaction, indication of a growth spurt, or something more nefarious like the start of ECS.

IMG_0118.jpeg
IMG_0119.jpeg
 
It may just be irritated. IDK for sure they can be "touchy".
That’s what I’m hoping it is. If you zoom in on the front angle photo, you can see the specs of sand in the mucousy part that is coming off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new