Good evening,
I have 150 gallon tank with a 40 gallon breeder as a sump. I have 210 pounds of Tampa Bay live rock in there as well as 100 pounds of Tampa Bay live sand. I have a uv sterilizer and a reef octopus class 150 skimmer. I have approximately 15 fish in there, including tangs and angelfish. The tank is also a mixed reef with various LPS, SPS, and softies. I do a biweekly 25 gallon water change and I have a refugium going with some chaeto in it, which is slow growing. My phosphate levels as of today are .64. I have no nuisance algae growing in the tank and everything looks good. My tank has always run around .4-.6 PO4 and I have no adverse conditions that I can see and corals seems to be happy. I’ve been reefing for quite a while and I usually don’t chase numbers but I do wonder if maybe I should implement some GFO or something to lower the phosphate down just a little bit. What is everyone’s thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.
Rob
I have 150 gallon tank with a 40 gallon breeder as a sump. I have 210 pounds of Tampa Bay live rock in there as well as 100 pounds of Tampa Bay live sand. I have a uv sterilizer and a reef octopus class 150 skimmer. I have approximately 15 fish in there, including tangs and angelfish. The tank is also a mixed reef with various LPS, SPS, and softies. I do a biweekly 25 gallon water change and I have a refugium going with some chaeto in it, which is slow growing. My phosphate levels as of today are .64. I have no nuisance algae growing in the tank and everything looks good. My tank has always run around .4-.6 PO4 and I have no adverse conditions that I can see and corals seems to be happy. I’ve been reefing for quite a while and I usually don’t chase numbers but I do wonder if maybe I should implement some GFO or something to lower the phosphate down just a little bit. What is everyone’s thoughts on this? Thank you in advance.
Rob
