EliMelly’s New Addiction 750 G2+

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone!

I got into the hobby about a year ago with my first tank (Red Sea 350) and learned quite a bit. After news from my wife that we were moving I did what any sensible reefer would do… Used it as an excuse to upgrade my tank. I’m super excited to start again due to having a lot more knowledge, experience, and more of a game plan to achieve my goals!

Now to the details!

Tank - Red Sea 750 G2+ (6x2x2) (Purchased due to time constraints having to leave the old place and needing to set up a tank asap)

200 total gallons about 160 display and 40 gal sump.

Equipment:

Lighting - 2 XR30 will add more once I bring my corals back from my friend.

Heater - IM Helio 1000 Watt

Reefmat 1200

Pump - DC 9000 ReefRun

Wavemaker - 2 MP40s

Skimmer - DC 600 will upgrade later if needed.

Red Sea Doser

UV not currently in use, not sure if I will need to upgrade for a bigger one.

Just ordered a custom lid from Top Lids.

Current stocking list:
Yellow Tang
Hippo Tang
Achilles Tang
Wantanabe Angel
Flame Angel
Earmuff Wrasse
Leopard Wrasse
Ocellaris Clownfish (regular and a black one)
Firefish
Banded Snake Eel
Long Nose Hawkfish
Mandarin
Royal Gramma

Future stocking plans:
8 Lyretail Anthias
Gem Tang
Midas Blenny
Another firefish
Copperband
Male Wantanabe Angel
Snowflake Eel
Possibly a trigger and another wrasse.

Moving the tank in was quite the task. I first added in extra reinforcement to the structure of the home, and created a more efficient RODI system due to the need for bigger sized water changes. All said and done I got the tank in and stand built within 3 hours and with the help of 5 guys!

The most stressful part of the move was transferring over my NSA aqua scape in a time efficient manner to not lose all the bacteria. Longest 30 hours of my life moving over all inhabitants and corals and tanking down my old tank but now we’re all done! Let the fun begin!

Tank Goals

Minimalist and modern SPS dominant mixed reef. A focus on stability, simplicity, consistent water changes, and most of all patience.

Looking forward to keeping everyone updated on my journey and hopefully passing on the knowledge I’ve received from this amazing platform!

IMG_1619.jpeg
A31FBA91-5B3A-4500-BC8A-F823347C4972.jpeg
IMG_1678.jpeg
IMG_1711.jpeg
IMG_1729.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone would mind providing some assistance for the following questions I would be super appreciative!

I am adding in a bunch of new fish, will I need to add in a bunch more hiding spots?

My Wantanabe female is the most aggressive fish in my tank. Will adding a male decrease this behavior or exasperate it?

Any recommendations for a solid skimmer? I’m not the biggest fan of my DC Red Sea Skimmer. I would like most of all ease of use and consistency.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your aquascape looks like its mostly the NSA type so I would say yes you need a lot more hiding spots. I have 12 fish in my 100g and 9 of them sleep within the rock (nothing fancy just a pile of rocks). I know the NSA scapes look pretty but if you want to lower stress and aggression you need need some actual spots to hide completely.

I love my Aquamaxx ConeS Q-2.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome appreciate it, I’ll make another NSA structure for middle of the tank with a couple hiding spots. My other Little Rock platforms in the sand all have hiding spots!

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So brief update:

There’s another post going around where I lost a bunch of fish. I added an Achilles who quickly got ich and what seemed to be black ich.

I attempted treatment with polyp lab, UV set up, and dosed prazi pro twice.

I believe now that the prazi pro lowered my oxygen levels in the tank and I lost my yellow tang, Achilles, Wantanabe, red flame Angel, and both shrimp.

I’m going to set up my old 90 gallon as a QT tank and I’m officially done with ich management.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up, I would suggest people don’t order a lid from top lids. I spoke with Tyler on the phone and decided to give him a shot this build and he promised me a 4 week delivery with paid expedited fees.

Once I confirmed the order about a week or two later after reviewing dimensions I was told that expedited was no longer an option when I followed up on eta.

I was given the option for a refund minus 30% or just to wait the time. I don’t have that much free time so I wasn’t interested in going through the whole process with another company.

I did find the 30% decreased refund when they failed communication wise a bit dishonest.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back