Red Sea 750 G2+ vs Max S 850

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am currently looking to buy a new tank and was planning on the 750 G2+ but saw that there is now a model with an S. Is anyone familiar with the difference and is the 750 G2+ known to have issues with seam failures like the older models? I prefer to go down the Red Sea route if possible and (big if) if the tanks do not have the seam failures with the new models.

Thanks!

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The S is their premium line. Euro bracing, better stand, other stuff. It is also significantly more expensive.

An IM tank is likely comparably to the same build quality as the S - series at a lower price. Both are built like absolute tanks (the IM and S- series). the stand and sump setup for S-series is really nice and I like all of the features in it. I seriously debated S vs IM for while.

Given the frequency of RedSea failures, I would think twice about their base model (although there are a lot less issues reported so far on the g2s). This is a highly debated topic and you will get a lot of opinions. I am not a RS owner and only giving feedback as I had the same debate 4-5 months ago

LPS Bum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it’s worth, I’ve had a Gen 2 625 XXL set up for 15 months. Zero problems. Seams all look good, and no structural integrity issues.

It’s been a great system and I’d recommend it to anyone.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The S is their premium line. Euro bracing, better stand, other stuff. It is also significantly more expensive.

An IM tank is likely comparably to the same build quality as the S - series at a lower price. Both are built like absolute tanks (the IM and S- series). the stand and sump setup for S-series is really nice and I like all of the features in it. I seriously debated S vs IM for while.

Given the frequency of RedSea failures, I would think twice about their base model (although there are a lot less issues reported so far on the g2s). This is a highly debated topic and you will get a lot of opinions. I am not a RS owner and only giving feedback as I had the same debate 4-5 months ago
Did you get the IM in the end?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back