Elite Marine Life Pompano Review

Cytranic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REview of Elite Marine Life of Pompano: Lance is a very knowledgeable person. Probably one of the best in this business. Unfortunately that's where this stores expertise stops.. I've been one of their first customers, and I've spent thousands at this store in corals and other dry good. (Of course they say they records do not support that claim). I purchased 3 Kessil lights from them Sunday May 24th on the fact that they said they could have them delivered in a few days. By Thursday 6pm I had heard nothing from Elite Marine. I called Elite Marine and they assured me they would be delivered either Thursday. I had to remind them that the day I was calling was Thursday, but they are so far out of touch they did not realize that. They assured me they would be there Friday the 26th. Friday came and went, and I called Elite Marine again. Some idiot answered the phone, and I had asked them if any lights at same in(Saturday). He said there was a stack of boxes he thought were lights, but was not sure. I kindly asked him to find out if they were myu lights sine I was waiting over a week for them. After on hold for 5 min, Miliki or whatever he name is came on the phone. I asked her for a tracking number. She tracked the package and said it would be delivered on the 27th. AGAIN I HAD TO REMIND HER THAT TODAY WAS the 30th. THe 27th had past 3 days ago...They have no idea what they are doing. I asked her why I'm getting the run around after spending so much money with them(Thousands). She put me on hold. When she came back from hold, she said she looked up my account and said I had only spent $200 dollars at the store...LOL...I was their main supporter in the beginning, I was clearing there acros off the shelf when they opened, and they have the nerve to tell me I only spent 1000 dollars? At this point I"m ticked, I wanted my money back. She explained that she had already paid for the lights. TOUGH ****. This place does not know how to manage a business. You have to wait 20-30 min to get a fish or a coral in this place. I will NEVER EVER visit this place again. I overpaid for these lights ($1400) to give them the business. I suggest if you need lights or dry goods to go to Bulk Reef Supply and save the money on taxes. The amount of money I spent on the lights at Elite, I could have had them overnight for cheaper on Bulk Reef Supply. Since this store opened its been plagued with customer service problems. Its part of the reason I stopped going... I figured I'd throw them a bone, $1400 in fact, and they still screwed me over. I look forward to spending the rest of my day posting my experience on every single fish forum on the Internet. The attitude they gave me was unwarranted. I've helped them for free with Computer problems in the past, and this is how they repay me. All I have to say is good luck. Because whenever you search Elite Marine life on any google engine, you'll see my reviews. GFYS.

lars65inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, Sorry for your bad experience OP....It doesn't seem to be the norm though.

I too have been with them since they opened. Lance and Mikki are fantastic. You wait in every LFS. But there's so much to look at, who really cares?

I will agree with you that most of their staff isn't all that knowledgeable when it comes to the saltwater hobby. But Lance and Mikki are always willing to take your technical questions. And their commitment to quarantine is the best in the business!

They have my full support and I will continue to recommend them to everyone.

Eric

MCooper

MCooper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to add to this review since I just visited the store. All I can say is WOW! Never in my life have I seen a fish store take such good care of the livestock and actually care about the health of each fish. They had tons of fish in tanks, yet wouldn't even consider selling them as they had all been undergoing treatment and until they appeared healthy would not be leaving. I was taken back with the quality of care, and the store itself. Super friendly and went above and beyond to help me. Can't say enough good things about this place and Lance, as well as his wife and the other gentleman working today!

PomptonReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REview of Elite Marine Life of Pompano: Lance is a very knowledgeable person. Probably one of the best in this business. Unfortunately that's where this stores expertise stops.. I've been one of their first customers, and I've spent thousands at this store in corals and other dry good. (Of course they say they records do not support that claim). I purchased 3 Kessil lights from them Sunday May 24th on the fact that they said they could have them delivered in a few days. By Thursday 6pm I had heard nothing from Elite Marine. I called Elite Marine and they assured me they would be delivered either Thursday. I had to remind them that the day I was calling was Thursday, but they are so far out of touch they did not realize that. They assured me they would be there Friday the 26th. Friday came and went, and I called Elite Marine again. Some idiot answered the phone, and I had asked them if any lights at same in(Saturday). He said there was a stack of boxes he thought were lights, but was not sure. I kindly asked him to find out if they were myu lights sine I was waiting over a week for them. After on hold for 5 min, Miliki or whatever he name is came on the phone. I asked her for a tracking number. She tracked the package and said it would be delivered on the 27th. AGAIN I HAD TO REMIND HER THAT TODAY WAS the 30th. THe 27th had past 3 days ago...They have no idea what they are doing. I asked her why I'm getting the run around after spending so much money with them(Thousands). She put me on hold. When she came back from hold, she said she looked up my account and said I had only spent $200 dollars at the store...LOL...I was their main supporter in the beginning, I was clearing there acros off the shelf when they opened, and they have the nerve to tell me I only spent 1000 dollars? At this point I"m ticked, I wanted my money back. She explained that she had already paid for the lights. TOUGH ****. This place does not know how to manage a business. You have to wait 20-30 min to get a fish or a coral in this place. I will NEVER EVER visit this place again. I overpaid for these lights ($1400) to give them the business. I suggest if you need lights or dry goods to go to Bulk Reef Supply and save the money on taxes. The amount of money I spent on the lights at Elite, I could have had them overnight for cheaper on Bulk Reef Supply. Since this store opened its been plagued with customer service problems. Its part of the reason I stopped going... I figured I'd throw them a bone, $1400 in fact, and they still screwed me over. I look forward to spending the rest of my day posting my experience on every single fish forum on the Internet. The attitude they gave me was unwarranted. I've helped them for free with Computer problems in the past, and this is how they repay me. All I have to say is good luck. Because whenever you search Elite Marine life on any google engine, you'll see my reviews. GFYS.

Yeah, I too have the same sentiment. I was a hobbyist and customer of theirs and they ripped me off plenty too. Trying to charge me insane prices for products thinking I didn't know any better.

Now... I am the owner of my own retail space in the area. Elite Marine staff have been frequenting my store, taking pictures, and gathering information on pricing, and yesterday, one of their employees and his "friend" came into my store when I was out for a few minutes.

Normally, I would eat the cost and reprimand my staff for selling products under cost to customers without knowledge... but Elite Marine staff knew the prices were way under cost and ended up laughing on camera about it when they basically stole close to $1,000 in corals from my shop. They paid under $200. They knew the prices were wrong and took advantage on my daughter and my store.

They are NO LONGER allowed in my place of business.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back