Chemi pure elite spilled in sump

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. So my sump crab was really bad and decided to tear open a bag of chemi pure elite in my sump. My sump is small so the bag was inside my refugium the all the media poured out into my sand and has mixed in. Unfortunately I did not notice this before now. The sump crab (a large gorilla) is now banished. My question is if I have to remove all the sand and start over or if it's OK to have a whole bag of chemi pure elite mixed into my sandbed in my refugium.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. So my sump crab was really bad and decided to tear open a bag of chemi pure elite in my sump. My sump is small so the bag was inside my refugium the all the media poured out into my sand and has mixed in. Unfortunately I did not notice this before now. The sump crab (a large gorilla) is now banished. My question is if I have to remove all the sand and start over or if it's OK to have a whole bag of chemi pure elite mixed into my sandbed in my refugium.
I really dont think it will hurt anything. Its basically just carbon and a resin. You put it in the tank in a contained bag to be able to remove it and replace it easier. I really doubt it will hurt anything in the fuge.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wouldn’t worry about it. It will deplete and no harm anything. You would have left it in the bag until then anyways. So it won’t hurt.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back