Nitrates climbing - zoas not looking good.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ngiovas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I’m mostly curious as to why you have any ammonia in a tank of this age. I’d test that more often and figure out what’s causing it.

As far as I know ammonia should be 0 in a fully mature tank. People say low levels of ammonia are not toxic but IMO any levels will cause stress, the longer it’s going the more impact it will have on livestock.

I’d start testing it more often to make sure it’s not spiking and see about balancing the nitrogen cycle.

Side note: agree with others you don’t want to starve fish so I’m glad you’ve increased feedings. But, if you have ammonia issues the extra food could exacerbate it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new