Emerald crab molt or carcass?

Thomasflynn15

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2021
Messages
98
Reaction score
21
Location
Georgetown
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell if this emerald crab body husk is a molt and he’s hiding somewhere recovering or if he is dead and it’s his carcass. I know the image isn’t that coherent but any thoughts? That fact that I can’t find a living body scares me. I have (or had) 2 crabs in a 75 gallon tank and the other ones is fine. Do you think a 75 is still too close of quarters for 2 crabs and they fought?

F893D10D-65F9-49A4-8CB9-7C58CEA8F6D5.jpeg 00674619-BE5E-4A99-BCDB-848462462ACE.jpeg
 
That should be plenty of room for two. My guess is it's a molt and you might be surprised with how much bigger it is when it comes back out in a few days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new