Emerald Crabs 3 large

TonyZ96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need 3 large emerald crabs gone as soon as possible , live in San Jose , CA . Pick up only $40. Two fish missing . Willing to trade for a fish of equal value that’s nun aggressive . Message me if interested.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Put them in a strawberry basket or the like suspended in the tank, or in a breeder box. They're not likely to be the problem- go make a post in, maybe the disease forum? List tank size, tank age, water parameters (in numbers, not just "good"), tank inhabitants, and anything that comes to mind.

OP
OP
TonyZ96

TonyZ96

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put them in a strawberry basket or the like suspended in the tank, or in a breeder box. They're not likely to be the problem- go make a post in, maybe the disease forum? List tank size, tank age, water parameters (in numbers, not just "good"), tank inhabitants, and anything that comes to mind.
Thank you for the informative feedback. Sorry new here don’t really know where to post certain situations have a hard time even posting anything. I believe it was the emerald crabs , since I bought them I have lost a blood shrimp, fire fish , neon dottyback , as well as a mandarin goby witch all where fine before that . Do weekly water changes, 10% have my ph at 8.3 and salinity at 2.025 ammonia, nitrate ,nitrite at 0. The two fishes (fire fish / neon dotty back) missing have disappeared completely my mandarin had what looked like a gouged in its top dorsal fin . Also noticed all fish tend to sleep at the bottom of the aquarium. No diseases in my tank .

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any algae in the tank for the crabs to eat, and are you sure they're emerald crabs? That does sound like a crab problem.

You also have a different problem, though less urgent; your nitrates are too low. You should have at least 5ppm. Reduce water changes to bring those up, or you'll wind up starving your beneficial algae and any corals you may have.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about /can't/, they do have those claws. It'd be difficult, but if one was hungry enough, got lucky, and got ahold of a fish, that could be a problem.
The claws are for show, ie: attracting the opposite sex. I've had numerous emerald large crabs and they've had ample opportunity to pick off much smaller fish - but aside from occasionally waving their claws around they seem to be most content scrounging for morsels amongst the corals.

As @Spare time indicated, they can't kill a healthy fish. I don't know what kind of fish we're talking about either (9 times out of 10 they're hiding, in the overflow/sump or on the floor somewhere).

BuckChoklit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had emerald attack and kill healthy fish, usually at night if they sleep in the small crevices. Had to rescue a hippo tang once and most recenntly a small 6 line. They eat what they can get their lil claws on

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back