Emerald crabs aggressive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,689
Reaction score
2,290
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’ve lost my little male emerald crab. I haven’t seen him in a couple weeks, and my spot he keeps free of bubble algae under my hammer, is coming back. Since I only have an 11 gallon cube, I don’t want to add another if he’s just hiding and then they fight. Or will they even fight? I guess if I do add one I can try to find a female?
 
They do fine together. I had 3 of them and they didn’t fight. Sometimes they just would sit next to each other munching on algae
 
I think I’ve lost my little male emerald crab. I haven’t seen him in a couple weeks, and my spot he keeps free of bubble algae under my hammer, is coming back. Since I only have an 11 gallon cube, I don’t want to add another if he’s just hiding and then they fight. Or will they even fight? I guess if I do add one I can try to find a female?


I don't think they will fight. I have a 20g coral/invert QT. I have had as many as 15 at a time in there for algae outbreaks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new