EMERGENCY! CLOWNFISH NOT DOING WELL!

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, my clownfish has been in the tank for a couple of months and now it is laying on its side and breathing erratically. All parameter are normal, and every other fish is acting fine! A new damsel was added, but this fish was like this prior to this being added, any diagnoses?

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FDFC6DEF-E2AF-4F80-AB9A-95AF8F831B1B.jpeg
A32791EF-96E0-4067-A2ED-8B5042A75A81.jpeg

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, my clownfish has been in the tank for a couple of months and now it is laying on its side and breathing erratically. All parameter are normal, and every other fish is acting fine! A new damsel was added, but this fish was like this prior to this being added, any diagnoses?
What all is in the tank and did the damsel appear sick in any way?

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The damsel is not sick at all, I’m transferring into a qt tank, fingers crossed!
Ok. I think I replied to one of your other posts but if I were you I would keep him in qt all by him self and go through all the possible things that could happen. And examine him for diseases. So like is there any one who was mean to it or are the clowns the same size meaning both are female or did you dose anything that may have hurt him or did he choke on something and yes that’s a real possibility or did he eat something like Zola’s with Palytoxins or did he swim by a power head that pushed him into the rock. There’s so many thing that could happen so just keep him in there and try to figure out the cause of the problem then go from there. Hope this help! ;)

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I think I replied to one of your other posts but if I were you I would keep him in qt all by him self and go through all the possible things that could happen. And examine him for diseases. So like is there any one who was mean to it or are the clowns the same size meaning both are female or did you dose anything that may have hurt him or did he choke on something and yes that’s a real possibility or did he eat something like Zola’s with Palytoxins or did he swim by a power head that pushed him into the rock. There’s so many thing that could happen so just keep him in there and try to figure out the cause of the problem then go from there. Hope this help! ;)
Thanks, the clowns are the same size, will qt, hopefully it pulls through!

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is swimming very strangely, will update as I observe in the qt, also just realized I replied to your other freshwater thread, what a small world!
Haha yea small world but if it’s swimming strangely then it’s most likely his swim bladder. From what I know about swim bladders from my experience is that’s how they keep their buoyancy in the water. Without that they don’t swim normally So if he is breathing heavy in laying on the bottom a lot that’s probably my best guess also do you pour water into the aquarium with buckets? Because I do water changes that way and when I had tetras in my 5 gallon I was doing a water change and knocked the fish into a rock and that cause issues with its swim bladder. Also my fish was doing everything you fish was where that happened.

OP
OP
C

clownfish07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yea small world but if it’s swimming strangely then it’s most likely his swim bladder. From what I know about swim bladders from my experience is that’s how they keep their buoyancy in the water. Without that they don’t swim normally So if he is breathing heavy in laying on the bottom a lot that’s probably my best guess also do you pour water into the aquarium with buckets? Because I do water changes that way and when I had tetras in my 5 gallon I was doing a water change and knocked the fish into a rock and that cause issues with its swim bladder. Also my fish was doing everything you fish was where that happened.
I do water changes with a bucket, possibly, this is just so out of the blue as it was doing fine for a couple of months, I’m just going to leave in qt and see what happens.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back