Emergency Help? Clownfish with white poop, advice?

Maxx Yung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. It's been almost 3 days since my clown has been sulking around in the corner of my tank, with white poop. Searched on google, turns out she has internal worms or something. Can anyone confirm? My clown stays near the corner, seems kinda stressed, but when I feed she is vigorously eating (like usual)

People recommended Prazi Pro or Metronidazole with Focus in the foods.
1. Is Prazi Pro safe for DT? How much would I need to buy for 200g~ and how should I treat my tank with Prazi Pro?
2. Will Prazi Pro work or will I have to go on to Metronidazole with Focus in the foods?
3. How common is this, how often do fish recover, is it a high chance that the fish will die?

Thank you!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. It's been almost 3 days since my clown has been sulking around in the corner of my tank, with white poop. Searched on google, turns out she has internal worms or something. Can anyone confirm? My clown stays near the corner, seems kinda stressed, but when I feed she is vigorously eating (like usual)

People recommended Prazi Pro or Metronidazole with Focus in the foods.
1. Is Prazi Pro safe for DT? How much would I need to buy for 200g~ and how should I treat my tank with Prazi Pro?
2. Will Prazi Pro work or will I have to go on to Metronidazole with Focus in the foods?
3. How common is this, how often do fish recover, is it a high chance that the fish will die?

Thank you!
1. Prazi is Reef safe dosed in water column, Metro is not.
2. Prazi will work if its a worm, but only worms. Metro would be necessary if its an internal parasite.
3. Just depends. If the fish stops eating then I would say the likelihood is very high. Does the fish seem thin at all even though it is eating well?

Best solution here is to bind general cure to the food with focus IMO. Run Carbon while feeding food soaked meds incase any meds become unbound. You also have the risk of an invert eating some of the food soaked med (I keep nems/shrimp/crab and have never had any issues).

General cure contains both powder prazi and metro so It will take care of worms and parasites.

OP
OP
Maxx Yung

Maxx Yung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will dose Prazi Pro first then. Fish is eating fine. It doesn't seem thin at all!
So buying POWDER prazi and metro and focus, soak food in them, and feed? Do I have to use pellets or what?

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will dose Prazi Pro first then. Fish is eating fine. It doesn't seem thin at all!
So buying POWDER prazi and metro and focus, soak food in them, and feed? Do I have to use pellets or what?

General Cure is going to be easier to dose than trying to mix the correct proportions of prazi and metro.
Take a couple cubes of frozen food (1 tablespoon), thaw, mix in 1 scoop of Focus and 1-2 scoops of GC, mix well, and let sit for 15 minutes or so.
Then drain off the liquid, and feed the solid bits. Just a little at a time, let the fish eat it all (should take just a few seconds), then give some more, repeat.
Don't dump all the medicated food in at once, as it's more likely that the fish won't get it all before shrimp and other inverts get some (which you don't want.)
Feed medicated food once a day for 10 days.
If the fish eat the medicated food, the probability of a cure is high.

OP
OP
Maxx Yung

Maxx Yung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! Fish only eats frozen, now I am not concerned. What is GC? (What is it made out of) and do you think she can survive 4 days without cure because unfortunately I have to leave to Tennessee tomorrow. Crap.

Focus by Seachem - 5g enough for 10 days?
GC by API?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! Fish only eats frozen, now I am not concerned. What is GC? (What is it made out of) and do you think she can survive 4 days without cure because unfortunately I have to leave to Tennessee tomorrow. Crap.

Focus by Seachem - 5g enough for 10 days?
GC by API?
GC is General Cure by API. Praziquantel and metronidazole are the ingredients.

5g of focus is plenty.

Mix one scoop of focus + one scoop of GC with one tablespoon of prepared frozen food. Keep refrigerated or frozen. Feed for 3-5 days then toss and make a new batch.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back