Emergency!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going away 4:00 am tomorrow for 2 weeks and of course the Neptune system goes haywire. Have a base unit, 2 EB832 Energy bars, and a Core 20 pump with controller.
Trouble started after cleaning and then plugging a skimmer back into the energy bar. Both Energy Bars, the Base unit and the Core pump controller had flashing orange lights. I think this started when I tried to turn the skimmer back on. After much jiggling of plugs, unplugging and reattaching the 120 V power and resetting the Base Unit I got back to steady orange lights. The skimmer outlet won't stay on and the Cor pump has an error message saying it is "Missing". I plugged the skimmer into another outlet and the Core pump is running but I fear a power outage which is common this time of year may set things off again.
Desperate for some advice, mostly the Core pump problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sailorman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swapped the Aquabus cable for a new one and reinstalled the pump. No more error message and it can be controlled again. Oddly the skimmer outlet is back in business as well.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Swapped the Aquabus cable for a new one and reinstalled the pump. No more error message and it can be controlled again. Oddly the skimmer outlet is back in business as well.
Whew! Glad you got this resolved. Hopefully you'll be able to travel with some peace of mind.

Namaste.

BossChief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a friend that can check it while you’re out, if needed in a pinch? Or a lfs with a service end that you could contact, if needed and set up access ahead of time?

I wouldn’t be able to relax and enjoy unless that was a “break glass in case of emergency” type option.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back