GHL non-physical Switch Channels

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I assign a GHL pump to a non-physical switch channel?

I have a GHL Versia Flow 6 pump for my mixing station that is not close to a power bar so it is connected to a regular outlet. How can I manually control this pump without having to plug and unplug from the outlet?

Seems like I should be able to assign this pump to a non-physical switch channel, but I cannot figure out how. I can assign my GHL Doser pumps to non-physical switch channels, or 3rd party 0-10V pumps, but for some reason I cannot figure out how to assign this Versia Flow 6 to a non-physical switch channel so that I can turn on/off with the switch manual override feature.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1712590448426.png

OP
OP
N

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got help from GHL on this. Here is how to do this.
1. Under Pump Assignment, check “Pump Completely off during activity”
2. In your Pump Group, add a new program and select activate by Switch Channel, enter the desired non-physical switch channel #. Then select the Pump activation mode. - I used a Constant / Permanent mode as this is a mixing station pump.
3. Go to the switch you assigned above and select “Always off / on” depending on the default state your pump will be on. For example, for my mixing station, I want it “Always off” unless I switch the channel on.

See attached pics. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 062242.png Screenshot 2024-04-10 062342.png Screenshot 2024-04-10 062109.png

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it's just too early and I need my coffee, but I still am not seeing how the pump is controlled if it is not connected to the profilux via powerbar or 0-10v? Is this a feature of the Versia pumps?

OP
OP
N

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Versia pumps are directly connected to the Profilux 4 and do not need a physical switch channel. To control manually, you create a non-physical virtual switch channel. Since I have 2 power bars with 6 switches each, I start my non-physical switches at switch 13. This is the same way I control my dosers for ATO/AWC since they are also directly connected to P4 and do not need a physical switch either.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 064829.png

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Versia pumps are directly connected to the Profilux 4 and do not need a physical switch channel. To control manually, you create a non-physical virtual switch channel. Since I have 2 power bars with 6 switches each, I start my non-physical switches at switch 13. This is the same way I control my dosers for ATO/AWC since they are also directly connected to P4 and do not need a physical switch either.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 064829.png
This is really good to know!

I use non-physical switches for a few monitoring items based on different events in the tank, but had no idea these pumps had this feature. I must've just missed that detail.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use non-physical switches for a few monitoring items based on different events in the tank, but had no idea these pumps had this feature. I must've just missed that detail.
I take that back.

I'm thinking virtual dosers not virtual switches.

I'm going to make coffee now. You want some?

OP
OP
N

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Already had my coffee.

This makes it really nice as none of my 4 GHL pumps, powerheads, 3 dosers, lights, or P4 require a power bar slot. Frees up switched outlets for items that really require them! I do lose the embedded current measurement by not using the power bar outlets on for pumps… but other than that I don’t see a downside.

TehBrainz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already had my coffee.

This makes it really nice as none of my 4 GHL pumps, powerheads, 3 dosers, lights, or P4 require a power bar slot. Frees up switched outlets for items that really require them! I do lose the embedded current measurement by not using the power bar outlets on for pumps… but other than that I don’t see a downside.
I don't even consider this as a downside since we don't gave the ability to graph power usage yet. Great to know that we don't need powerbar spots. Great design feature for these pumps!

I'm currently running a VariOs 8, but will look into the versia wavemakers as I'm running 5 year old Jebaos still, lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back