OP
jacka342

jacka342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am fairly new to the hobby and have a 45 Gal tank that has been running for a little over a year with a mixed reef and fish. I have noticed tiny pieces of neon green coral floating around the tank and see that my Goniopora has pulled in and I think those pieces are from the coral. I also just lost a fish. I recently updated my lighting and have it on acclimation mode so its running at very low intensity - I also just checked all my parameters and everything looks good except for my Alkalinity which is a whopping 15.0. How do I lower this and any other things I should be looking at?? I am afraid I am in for a big loss of coral and fish.
As you can see I had similar problems but with no ill effects. Mine has lowered itself now that I am using RODI water instead of my well. I would try to identify your problem, maybe test the alkalinity of your source water?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back