engineer goby paired with Pistol shrimp

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently upgraded from my Xl525 to the S1000

My xl525 had a Watchmen Goby paired with a pistol shrimp for about a year.
While I was waiting on the bigger tank I also had 2 engineer goby's in OT..

I just got the new tank up and running over the weekend and put the Engineer goby's in first then the Watchmen and the Shrimp.
The shrimp dug it self into the sand instant and the watchmen took off with the engineer goby's.

Today 2 days after they have been in the tank the Engineer Goby's have seemed the pair up with the shrimp and the watchmen is just swimming lost at the top of the tank.

is this possible ? I'm not 100% sure as I cant see the shrimp I only hear him once and a while and he is in the same area of the engineers.

any way tp fix it ?

thank you

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At one point, I had a couple engineers in a tank that also had a small goby / pistol shrimp pair. The engineers never showed any interest in the shrimp. I'd be too afraid to try that now with my one remaining engineer goby who is about 18 inches long---and I strongly suspect him of murdering a couple of small fish and eating all my peppermint shrimps over the past year.

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh man im sure when mine grow they will eat a few shrimp as well
Mine are tiny still about 2-3 inch my shrimp is huge and my watch men is about 3-4in

OP
OP
W

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my shrimp found the goby on the 24th
They have been together since however about 2 days ago the shrimp moved to a new rock and started to move a lot of sand.. when I woke up the next day the shrimp was gone and the goby is back to looking lost. The odd part is the goby is not leaving the area this time he is just swimming around it lost.. I'm worried the rock might have pinned the shrimp.

But I really do not want to tear up my rock work to find out .. its been almost 3 days now should i try to find it or count it as a lost ...

Any thoughts?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back